Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater.
Believe it or not
- Maths is inevitable
- Learning maths is not a Big problem as it seems
- It can be fun though conditionally 😦
- Be positive about maths
- In the beginning might need more time
- Be focussed
- Follow all chapters from maths book, skipping can be troublesome at later stage
- If possible ( it is advisable to ) keep your old maths books
- Never consider yourself dumb/stupid. Everyone is capable of learning maths, if proper training, time and attention is provided.
Plan of action
- Make a list of topics which are not clear to you
- Try to get help from maths teacher, parents or hire a tutor (part time) asap. Revise solved examples from the previous years. Being late will turn up costly in terms of money, time and energy
- Make sure that your basics are clear.
For parents – help your child learn maths
- It is a good idea to keep a number chart from 1 to 100 at home. This chart will help in understanding the number system.
- Make a routine to discuss everyday math at home
- Kids should learn addition in the best possible way.
- It is worth to spend time in learning and memorizing multiplication tables, preferably from 2 to 20.
- Many kids are afraid of word problems. Help them reading and understanding the statements.
I am open to further discussion.